General Marc Cisneros Scholarship for Excellence
St. John Paul II High School has selected a student as the recipient for the General Cisneros Scholarship for Excellence. Ryan Lopez exemplifies the good character and leadership skills that embody the namesake of the award, General Cisneros. Ryan, like General Cisneros, was also born in Premont, Texas, and is familiar with the General’s history. Ryan plans to attend Texas A&M in College Station to join the Animal Science program.
Student of the Week
Student of the Week, Mathew Sanchez, sophomore, nominated by his chemistry teacher, Mrs. Trevino.
Freshmen Student council officersfor the 2017-2018 school year!
Congratulations to Jason Garcia, President and Gabby Rocha, Vice President
were distributed to students today Thursday, September 13th during English classes.
Project Love Thy Neighboris a new project we are starting next week. We are asking ask parents 6th -12th and the general public to drop off items needed by Catholic Charities at STJPII High School. Students/Parents may bring from their assigned list of items, to the front office every morning, starting next week. You will be rewarded with 1 Parent Service Hour per every $10 your donation is worth.
ASSIGNED LIST OF ITEMS BY GRADE LEVEL
The general public may bring items to the drop-off location on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am - 2pm
Catholic Charities needs help sorting donations this Saturday at 8am.
They also need help Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
They are located at:
615 Oliver Ct, Corpus Christi, TX 78408 call (361) 884-0651
is offered every week in Immaculate Conception Chapel from 7:45-8:10. Monday and Tuesday Bishop Carmody offers the Mass and Thursday and Friday Fr. Peter Martinez offers the Mass. All parents are welcome!
2017 Homecoming Tailgate
Football - Fun - Fellowship
The PTO would like to invite your teams to come out and show their school spirit at our Homecoming Tailgate!!! This event is to celebrate and kick off Homecoming week!! It's a casual, family event to show our support to our Centurions.
Date: Saturday September 16th
Set up: 3:00pm
Event time: 5:30-8:30pm
Place: Bishop Carmody Field
"Claim Your Spot" $10.00 donation ~Thursday September 14th @ 5:30pm
*Bring your BBQ pit, food, tables and chairs*
PTO will be providing drinks!!!
During this time families will enjoy tailgating and fellowship.. We would love the cheer and dance teams to perform as well as the band.
Bishop Mulvey will attend for the Blessing of Carmody Field at 6:00pm
Evening Events~ Announcement of the 2017 Homecoming Court Nominees and Homecoming Spirit Week Theme Days
Join in on the school spirit by participating in this year's homecoming days!
Who is ready for homecoming? Your student council IS!!
- Monday IS.... EMOJI Monday. That's right! Come to JPII dressed as an emoji. Will you be happy? Will you be a red car? Will you be a twin? Start thinking about this and show off your creativity! Put those old cardboard boxes to use and be prepared to flood the Quad with school spirit!
- Tuesday is Class Color Day! Come to JPII wearing your assigned colors. How many one colored or shade of one color do you have? A hat and suspenders? Shoes and a scarf? Raincoat and Umbrella? Bring it all in!
- Freshman your color is Blue
- Sophomores your color is Red
- Juniors your color is Purple
- Seniors.. you get to dawn the tie dye!
- Wednesday is Hat and tie Day (after Mass). Will you go with Star Wars? A scary Clown? Charlie Chaplin? Remember to put them on after Mass.
- Thursday is Tacky Tourist Day. Where are you world travelers? Don't be ashamed of your large camera, white tennis shoes, bad sunburn, or dawning the gift shop finds! You can show them off proudly on this day!
- Friday is black and gold day! Dust off those morph suits with shorts! show off your school spirit and maintain it though the day and into the stands at our homecoming game!
is Monday, September 18, 2017. It is 230 years old! Senior students will be presenting the StJPII community information and facts throughout the day and celebrating during their Government class.
The Handmaids of Mary Club
will have their first meeting on Tuesday September 19th at 4pm in ROOM 287… Ms. Lopez warmly invites all girls from the 9th grade through 12th grade to join who desire to increase their prayer life through various activities
Homecoming Parade and Burning of the "C"
9/21/17 @ 7pm
Homecoming Football Game
9/22/17 @ 7pm vs Monte Alto
A Night in Paradise Homecoming
dance Saturday, September 23, 2017 H.S. Cafeteria. Tickets are $15 a
person or $25 for two. Dress is casual Luau theme. Dress code
applies and is printed on the ticket.
Protect Young Eyes
Chris McKenna is speaking at schools in the Diocese of CC about important information for students to know about the internet. STJPII and BGPMS will have the presentation in the cafetorium from 1:30 to 2:15 (JP) and from 2:30 to 3:15 (BG) on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017.
There is also a parent presentation at St. Pius X on Sept. 21st at 6pm
ALL PARENTS NEED TO ATTEND TO WORK THE NATIVITY
Now sold online!! - The 2018 yearbooks
September 29th is the last day to get your yearbook for $40, whether you buy it online at BALFOUR.COM or through the school. Don’t miss out on this great price! It’s going to be a fabulous yearbook! http://www.balfour.com/texas/corpus-christi/st-john-paul-ii-high-school/